Sentosa 4D AdventureLand
Sentosa 4D AdventureLand is an Adventure Theme Park located at 51B Imbiah Road, on Sentosa Island, in Singapore. The High-Tech Interactive Entertainment Zone is home to three exciting experiences, suitable for every age group.
– NEW ‘Journey 2: The Mysterious Island’, an immersive 4-D movie experience where you become a part of the adventure through a synchronization of 3-D imaging and special effects such as wind scent and water sprays. Join Sean (played by Josh Hutcherson) and his stepfather (played by Dwayne Johnson) as they search for long-lost grandpa into the elusive Mysterious Island (based on a Jules Verne voyage). The interactive 4-D experience, developed by SimEx Iwerks under license from Warner Bros. Consumer Products, opened its doors to visitors officially on 1st May 2013.
The new 4-D movie features the all-star cast from the 2012 released Hollywood blockbuster – Journey 2: The Mysterious Island from Warner Bros. Pictures. SimEx Iwerks converted the movie, which stars Dwayne Johnson a.k.a. ‘The Rock’, Michael Caine, Luis Guzman, Josh Hutcherson and Vanessa Hudgens, into 4-D format exclusively for screening at Sentosa 4D AdventureLand. The premiere in Asia replaces the long-running 4-D movie, ‘Pirates’, starring the late Leslie Nielsen, the lead star of the ‘Naked Gun’ movie series.
JOURNEY 2: THE MYSTERIOUS ISLAND and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © New Line Productions, Inc. and Walden Media, LLC. (s13)
– The 4-D motion-simulated, ‘Extreme Log Ride’ transports you to Himalamazon, following a spectacular journey of a Super-Tree log as it travels through the mega harvesting plant. Ride through ravines and down valleys and dive into the crocodile-infested water in a virtual rollercoaster.
– ‘Desperados’, the first 4-D interactive shoot-out game in Singapore. Grab a motion-sensor pistol, aim, and fire as you engage in a competitive run for the top Sheriff honor, while ‘riding’ on a motion-based saddle seat (horse) through canyons and mine tunnels in a mid-Western town.
Sentosa 4D AdventureLand is privately owned and operated by Managing Director and CEO, Dato’ A. Yogesvaran.
The management and staff at Sentosa 4D AdventureLand uphold key corporate and commercial by creating value for our guests. We aim to provide products that give good value and a great experience for our guests.
‘Value Creation’ can be seen in the interaction of our staff members with guests and their integration with the processes to heighten the enjoyment value. It is our staff members’ duty and responsibility to create and deliver the value of professional services to our guests. In doing so, they derive satisfaction from a job well done and are duly rewarded.
We believe that value can be created with positive decisions and while intangible, results can be seen in the increased visitorship to our theme park, which is our commitment to our company’s shareholders and stakeholders, and to the industry.
- We thrive on relationships – with our staff members, partners, and stakeholders.
- Relationship with our staff members – we support and enroll them in training, educational and skills upgrading courses, and promote self-development through staff-organised functions. Our staff members are well rewarded and are accorded adequate welfare privileges.
- Relationship with our partners and Sentosa Leisure Group – we work closely with them and participate regularly in activities and programmes.
- Relationship with stakeholders – we contribute generously to the calls for corporate sponsorships from welfare homes
Our Background & Accolades
Previously known as Sentosa 4D Magix, the pioneer four-dimensional theatre at Imbiah Lookout, Sentosa, was built in 2005 at a cost of S$3.5 million. ‘Pirates’, starring the late Leslie Nelson of the Naked Gun fame, was the anchor movie from 2005 to April 2013, garnering over 2.5 million visitors from around the world.
The 4-D Movie experience has been awarded the Asian Attractions Award (small attraction category) consecutively from 2007 to 2011.
With yearly upgrades since its opening, the attraction facility is also home to two other experiences – ‘Extreme Log Ride’, the 4-D motion-simulated ride launched in 2007 (previously under the CineBlast show), and ‘Desperados’, the first 4-D interactive shoot-out game in Singapore, launched in 2009.
While previously marketed individually, all three experiences are now collectively offered to visitors under the attraction name of Sentosa 4D AdventureLand, with unlimited access via a One-Day Adventure Pass.